Mud is an important element of nature. It contains important minerals which have positive effects on human health. Mud can absorb toxins from human body therefore is very useful in preventing many diseases. It is also known for its healing properties. It also helps in cooling and relaxing body as it can hold moisture for a long time.
Why use mud therapy?
Out of the five constituent elements of this universe mud (earth) has a pivotal role to play in our wellbeing. The dark color of mud helps in absorbing different colors and conveying them to the body, giving it therapeutic properties. Also, its shape and consistency may be modified with ease, just by changing the water content, which makes it easy to use. A mud pack is advantageous over a cold compress (cold water therapy) as it retains the coolness over a longer period of time. Therefore, it is recommended whenever a prolonged cold application is required. Lastly, it is easily available and a cost effective treatment option.
Benefits of Mud therapy
1. It relaxes muscles and improves blood circulation. It maintains metabolism rendering positive impact on digestion.
2. It is useful in conditions of inflammation/ swelling and relieves pain.
3. It is a good hair conditioner and is good for skin.
4. It is useful in condition of stiff joints.
Mud found in different parts of the world has different properties. Mud composition varies with the place of origin. Firstly, mineral constituents of mud varies with the kind of rocks found in the region and the process of soil formation. Secondly, mud property is influenced by kind of flora and fauna of the region. Therefore, it is essential to learn about properties of mud before utilizing it benefits. It is important to note that before using any type of mud it should be dried, powdered and sieved to remove any type of impurities such as stones, grass, etc.
Black mud: Dark cotton soil having some greasiness is suitable for mud therapy as it is rich in minerals and also retains water for long time. It should always be free from contamination and any kind of pollution.
Mud from Dead Sea: Cleopatra and Queen Sheeba used it for enhancing beauty, black mud of Dead sea has beautifying and therapeutic powers. It is contains more than 20 kinds of salts and minerals including Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium Bromide, Silicates, Natural Tar and organic elements. While these beneficial minerals are useful for healing any kind of skin disorders, the presence of silicates make its masks very beneficial for softening and cleansing skin. The mud enhances blood circulation and leaves the skin with a glow.
Mud therapy could be used in two forms
1. Mud Packs: This involves frequent application of packs of mud. It helps in improving skin complexion and acts on skin spots and patches to reduce them.
2. Mud Baths: This involves application of special kind of mud rich in natural salts and mineral over the entire body (except head). Mud baths are useful in many skin diseases such as Psoriasis, Urticaria, leucoderma.
For any kind of Naturopathy Therapies like Yoga Therapy, Chromo Therapy, Magneto Therapy, Acupressure, Fasting Therpay, Kriyas, Acupunture, Helio Therapy, Massage, Mud Therapy, Diet Therapy & Hydro Therapy Please get in touch with us on
+91 982-318-5807 & 706-601-4000